Big Rapids, Mich. - The nationally 33rd-ranked Ferris State University men's tennis team wrapped up a three-match weekend trip to Ohio by posting its first Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) win of the season as the Bulldogs topped Findlay by a 6-3 count on Sunday (Feb. 23) in Findlay, Ohio.
Ferris State took two of the three doubles flights and then managed to win the bottom four singles positions to earn the triumph at the Findlay YMCA.
The Bulldogs' top doubles tandem of Aaron Dial and Laurent Galarneau upset the nation's 23rd-ranked pairing of Manuel Ringsletter and Robin Semal by a 9-8 count with the second grouping of Laurent Mailloux and Otto Keresztes also notching a win.
Both Mailloux and Keresztes were also straight-set winners in singles play at the third and fourth flights, respectively. Meanwhile, FSU also received victories from Jose Calero at the number five position along with freshman Andre Giacomazzi Serafim at six singles.
Ferris State improved to 2-3 overall this season along with 1-2 in the GLIAC with the victory while Tiffin dropped to 2-4 overall and 0-2 in league action.
The Bulldogs next visit Aquinas on Friday (Feb. 28) afternoon for a 3 p.m. (ET) non-conference match in Grand Rapids before heading to Indiana for a pair of non-league encounters against Division II regional opponents Southern Indiana and Indianapolis on Saturday and Sunday, March 1-2, respectively.
Below are the complete match results:
1. Manuel Ringsletter (UFM) def. Laurent Galarneau (FS) 6-3, 6-4
2. Robin Semal (UFM) def. Aaron Dial (FS) 6-2, 6-4
3. Laurent Mailloux (FS) def. Djordje Ljubinkovic (UFM) 6-3, 7-6
4. Otto Keresztes (FS) def. John Kidd (UFM) 6-3, 6-4
5. Jose Calero (FS) def. Yannick Mohring (UFM) 6-2, 6-2
6. A Giacomazzi Serafim (FS) def. Connor Majdalani (UFM) 5-7, 7-5, 10-5
1. Aaron Dial/Laurent Galarneau (FS) def. Manuel Ringsletter/Robin Semal (UFM) 9-8
2. Laurent Mailloux/Otto Keresztes (FS) def. John Kidd/Yannick Mohring (UFM) 8-6
3. Djordje Ljubinkovic/Connor Majdalani (UFM) def. Will Huntington/Justin Ecclestone (FS) 8-5