The $1.8 million state-of-the-art Wheeler Pavilion is another addition to Top Taggart Field and allows Ferris State University to have one of the nation's top Division II football-playing facilities.
The three-story building, which is located on the stadium's west side, features a clubroom level, a media/game management level, a ticket office, remodeled and expanded restrooms along with a remodeled, expanded and covered concession area.
The three-story building was constructed in 2001 through the generosity of alumnus John Wheeler (‘76), Chief Executive Officer of Rockford Construction Company and the Rockford Development Group. Wheeler and his wife, Chris, pledged $500,000 and an in-kind gift of $100,000 in professional services.
A public fundraising campaign raised $600,000 in contributions and pledges, which was matched by the University. A groundbreaking ceremony for the facility was held March 5, 2001.
Most recently, a video message board was installed on the west side of the facility.
1215 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307