FSU Wraps Up Spring Trip With Road Loss
Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis team wrapped up its annual spring break action with a 6-3 setback to DePauw (Ind.) in non-league play on Friday (March 9) evening in Greencastle, Ind.
The Bulldogs fell to NCAA Division III's 28th-ranked Tigers in the road setback at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center.
DePauw jumped out to the early advantage with wins at the second and third doubles positions. The Tigers then won the match with singles wins at the second, fourth, fifth and sixth flights. Both the fifth and sixth singles flights went to three sets.
With the loss, the Bulldogs fell to 5-3 overall this campaign. DePauw improved to 5-2 on the year with the home win.
Ferris State returns back to Big Rapids to host regional foe Lewis (Ill.) in non-conference action on Tuesday, March 13, with match time set for 5 p.m. (ET) at the FSU Racquet and Fitness Center.
The Bulldogs will then open Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) play on the road at Lake Superior State next Friday, March 16, at 1 p.m. (ET) in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
Below are the complete match results:
#28 DePauw University 6, Ferris State 3
1. Laurent Galarneau (FS) def. Sam Miles (DPU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Ben Kopecky (DPU) def. Jack Swan (FS) 6-1, 6-1
3. Steven Roberts (FS) def. Michael Rardon (DPU) 7-5, 7-5
4. Noah Swiler (DPU) def. Otto Keresztes (FS) 6-0, 7-6 (7-2)
5. Chris Bertolini (DPU) def. Razvan Mag (FS) 2-6, 6-2, 7-5
6. Eric Hubbard (DPU) def. Justin Hermes (FS) 6-4, 3-6, 6-0
1. Laurent Galarneau/Steven Roberts (FS) def. Sam Miles/Ben Kopecky (DPU) 8-3
2. Michael Rardon/Noah Swiler (DPU) def. Razvan Mag/Oriol Vidal Cortes (FS) 9-8 (7-3)
3. Eric Hubbard/David Moss (DPU) def. Otto Keresztes/Justin Hermes (FS) 8-3