Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis team hit the road on Tuesday (March 20), but suffered a 7-0 setback to NCAA Division I Western Michigan in non-league play at Sorensen Courts in Kalamazoo, Mich.
The Bulldogs fell to 7-5 overall with the loss to the Broncos.
Western Michigan jumped out to a quick start as the Broncos claimed all three doubles flights, which counted as a single point in the team score per NCAA Division I regulations.
Additionally, WMU swept the six singles spots in straight-sets to earn the triumph.
Ferris State, which owns a 2-0 mark in Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) action, resumes league play on the road later this week as the Bulldogs visit Tiffin on Friday (March 23) for a 3 p.m. (ET) conference tilt and then head to Findlay on Saturday (March 24) with match time also set for 3 p.m. (ET).
Below are the complete match results:
Western Michigan 7, Ferris State 0
1. Nadin Indre (WMU) def. Laurent Galarneau (FSU) 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
2. Pablo Olivarez (WMU) def. Jack Swan (FSU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Simon Blomberg (WMU) def. Steven Roberts (FSU) 6-4, 6-4
4. Zeyad Montasser (WMU) def. Otto Keresztes (FSU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Ross VanderPloeg (WMU) def. Razvan Mag (FSU) 6-0, 6-2
6. Aaron Wong (WMU) def. Tyler Marengo (FSU) 6-3, 7-5
1. Nadin Indre/Ross VanderPloeg (WMU) def. Laurent Galarneau/Steven Roberts (FSU) 8-0
2. Pablo Olivarez/Aaron Wong (WMU) def. Razvan Mag/Oriol Vidal Cortes (FSU) 8-3
3. Zeyad Montasser/Simon Blomberg (WMU) def. Otto Keresztes/Justin Hermes (FSU) 8-2