Live Bulldog Sports Network Audio Broadcast
Live PPV Video Webcast
Live Facebook Scoring Updates
Live Twitter Scoring Updates
Click Here For Complete Game Notes (PDF)
* The Week Ahead: The Ferris State women's basketball team is back at home this week inside Jim Wink Arena for a pair of Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) games. FSU hosts Northwood on Thursday, Feb. 14, in a Valentine's Day clash at 8 p.m. (ET) followed by a home tilt on Saturday, Feb. 16, versus Lake Superior State beginning at 2 p.m. (ET).
* Media Coverage: Both games will be broadcast locally by Sunny 97.3 FM and the Bulldog Sports Network starting with the Meijer Pregame Show a half-hour prior to the men's tipoff. A live audio broadcast will be accessible online in addition to live internet statistics and a live pay-per-view video webcast. For a full listing of links, please visit FerrisStateBulldogs.com.
* Home Ticket Info: Ferris State home basketball tickets can be purchased in advance thru the FSU Athletics Ticket Office by calling (231) 591-2888 or visit FerrisStateBulldogs.com for more information. They can also be bought online via StarTickets.com. Adult general admission tickets are $7 or the cost is $5 for FSU faculty/staff, seniors ages 65 and up or students age 3 thru 12th grade. FSU students are admitted free with a valid student ID card.
* The Records: Ferris State (11-9, 10-7 GLIAC) finished the 2011-12 women's basketball season with a 23-7 overall record, which matched the school record set previously in 2006-07 for most wins in a campaign. Last year marked the 15th time in the last 16 seasons the Bulldogs have registered double-digit wins in a campaign. FSU also reached the semifinals at the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Tournament last year.
Northwood (11-12, 9-8 GLIAC) has dropped two of its last three games overall to date, but topped Lake Superior State by a 75-66 count on Saturday (Feb. 9) at home.
Lake Superior State (5-16, 4-13 GLIAC) has dropped seven-straight games heading into Thursday's league road contest at Grand Valley State. The Lakers are coming off a 75-66 setback at home to Northwood on Saturday (Feb. 9).
* The Coaches: Ferris State – Colleen Lamoreaux-Tate (Aquinas), 1st season, 11-9 (.550) - (0-1 vs. NU, 1-0 vs. LSSU). A veteran coach with 26 years of experience on the sidelines and regarded as one of the state's top prep coaches prior to her FSU arrival, Lamoreaux-Tate most recently spent the last seven years as the varsity girls basketball coach at Grand Rapids Catholic Central High School where she guided the Cougars to a 167-19 cumulative record.
Northwood – Jeff Curtis, 9th season. Curtis led Northwood to its first NCAA Tournament berthfour years ago and claimed GLIAC and WBCA Region IV Coach of the Year laurels in 2007-08 after helping Northwood to a share of its first-ever GLIAC North Championship..
Lake Superior State – Shannon Eggers, 1st season. Eggers is serving as the program's interim head coach this season after departure of former FSU assistant Justin Rees in August. She's in her fifth year at LSSU and played collegiately at both Nebraska-Omaha and Wisconsin-Oshkosh..
* GLIAC North Run: The Bulldogs have seven conference regular-season games remaining this campaign. Overall, the Bulldogs have currently won 27 of their last 35 conference regular-season games dating back to the start of the 2011-12 season. FSU posted a first-place 17-2 mark in league play a year ago en route to claiming the North Division crown and currently has a 9-6 mark to date this season.
* Special Events: Thursday's contest will represent Resident Appreciation and Healthy Hearts Night. The first 300 on-campus residents will receive a free shirt while the first 500 fans will get a rally towel. Fans are encouraged to "Wear Red" as part of a red out effort in support of heart disease awareness and National Heart Health month. There will also be a special drawing at halftime for $3,000 worth of prizes..
* Second Meetings: This week's games mark the Bulldogs' second games this year versus both NU and LSSU. The Bulldogs fell to Northwood 70-46 on Jan. 17 before coming back to beat LSSU in Sault Ste. Marie by a 74-71 score on Jan. 19.
* Looking At The Opponents: Northwood is 11-12 overall this season and owns a 9-8 conference mark, which trails FSU by a single game for fourth place in the GLIAC North. Head Coach Jeff Curtis' team has lost two of their last three games overall, but beat Lake Superior State 75-66 at home last Saturday (Feb. 9). Senior guard Rachel Church averages a team-best 12.0 points per game to date ..... Lake Superior State is 5-16 overall and 4-13 in GLIAC play under interim head coach Shannon Eggers. The Lakers have lost their last seven games to date heading into Thursday's league road contest at Grand Valley State. LSSU is led in scoring by senior forward Maria Blazejewski (17.9 ppg.).
* Coming Up Next: Ferris State will play a pair of conference games again next week. FSU visits divisional leader Wayne State on Thursday, Feb. 21, for a 8 p.m. (ET) league tilt at the Matthaei Complex in Detroit. The Bulldogs then return home to host Saginaw Valley State in their annual Senior Day game on Saturday, Feb. 23, starting at 3 p.m. (ET). After the two games next week, the Bulldogs close out the regular-season on Saturday, March 2, at Grand Valley State.
* Bulldog Notes: Sophomore Sarah DeShone is the GLIAC's second-leading scorer to date at 18.4 points per game. DeShone notched her 800th career point at Northwood (Jan. 17) ..... Ferris State made its fifth-ever NCAA Tournament appearance a season ago. The Bulldogs reached the NCAA-II Sweet Sixteen and the regional final in 2006-07.
* Series History vs. NU: The Bulldogs maintain a 49-17 advantage over Northwood all-time and are 25-6 (home), 24-10 (road) and 0-1 (neutral) to date versus NU. Ferris beat Northwood twice each of the last two years prior to a setback earlier this season and has currently won eight of the last 13 meetings overall after NU had snapped a 24-game series' losing streak with a 68-64 victory in Big Rapids five years ago (1/14/08) for its first victory over FSU since 1995. FSU beat NU 70-50 in Midland (12/10/11) and 78-44 in Big Rapids (1/14/12) last season.
* Series History vs. LSSU: The Lakers maintain a 50-36 advantage heading into Saturday's 87th meeting. LSSU has won 16 of the last 26 meetings. The Lakers beat FSU twice during the 2010-11 campaign, but FSU won both of last year's matchups by scores of 65-56 in Sault Ste. Marie (1/5/12) and 75-56 in Big Rapids (2/2/12). FSU posted its third-straight win in the series earlier this year in Sault Ste. Marie.
Click Here For Complete Game Notes (PDF)